Tuesday, January 8, 2013

OPI Stay The Night

Hello lovely ladies!! I hope everyone's has a good start into 2013!!  I appologize for the short break I took from That One Nail Blog, and pretty much nails in general!  But now I'm back and I have alot of exciting things in store for you guys- including my own indie polishes!!  I'm hoping to open my store in less then two weeks!!

Anyways- on to today's post!  I'm super super excited about this post because I get to show you a Liquid Sand polish from OPI's newest collection, the Mariah Carey collection!!  OPI Stay The Night starts out as a black jelly-like base when wet with red glitters, but dries into a gritty, matte, "sandy" black- which makes the red just POP.  I bought a few other Liquid Sand Polishes, but Stay The Night was the one I had wanted to try most!!

Despite the look of Stay The Night when it's dry- it was actually surprisingly easy to apply!  It went on nice and smooth in 3 easy coats and dried very quickly!  After my mani was totally dry, I assumed it was going to be really, really gritty.  But it actually wasn't too bad.  Of course, I had to see what it looked like with a top coat, so after adding 1 coat of Seche Vite I think it actually felt more gritty then before the top coat- weird :/  

All in all, I really liked this polish and the idea of a "liquid sand" polish.  Here is Stay The Night prior to top coat:
Direct sunlight
Indirect sunlight
Indirect sunlight 
Direct sunlight

And here is Stay The Night WITH top coat:  (It was actually much harder to capture the amazing color of this polish with a top coat on)
Direct sunlight

Indirect sunlight

Indirect sunlight

Direct sunlight


And there you have it!!  The gorgeous "Liquid Sand" by OPI!!  Do you have any of the Liquid Sand polishes?  What do you think of them??  Let me know in the comments below!!  And until next time- happy polishing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment