Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Giants Nails


Yes I know, I'm a day late.. But I just had to post these in honor of the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series!

These nails turned out a little different then I had planned due to not having enough time. I had planned on doing the logo by using a zip lock baggy and then transferring it to my nails. But I just ended up free handing it on and I must say, I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, being the first thing I have ever free handed like that!

I used China Glaze Liquid Leather on my thumb (which you can't see here) and index finger and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed on my other three fingers. Then I just used a medium sized dotting tool to dot the polka dots over the Sun Kissed and I also used a smaller dotting tool to freehand the logo on. I tried using a brush, but the polish wasn't opaque enough and it would have been very light. I went over each nail with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and topped them with Seche Vite, and there you have it!



I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, except for my index finger which I must have smudged up at some point in my sleep because it wasn't like that when I went to sleep :( :(  But other than that, I'm glad I decided to do this!


<div class="fb-like" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/ThatOneNailBlog" data-send="true" data-width="450" data-show-faces="true"></div>
Like us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment