Monday, October 29, 2012

Candy Corn Nails

With Halloween only a couple days away, I thought I should post my candy corn nails. I know that candy corn nails have been done a zillion times, but I think they're super cute and everyone just loved them when I wore them, so I thought I'd show you mine!

I started out with a white base. Once the white was completely dry, I taped off all of my nails except my ring finger from the bottom 1/3 of the way up and painted the non-taped portion with the yellow and removed the tape. When the yellow was 100% dry I taped my nail again from the bottom but this time 2/3 of the way up and painted the non-taped portion with the orange and afterwards removed the tape. Last but not least, I used a medium sized dotting tool and dotted on the polka dots on my ring finger and topped all of my nails with a coat of Seche Vite. Colors used were Essie Marshmallow (white), Sally Hansen Insta Dry Lightening (yellow), and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed (orange). 




Super simple, right?? It wasn't until I was inspecting my nails on my left hand after pulling the last piece of tape off that I noticed one of my lines on my index finger were crooked :( I really wanted to redo that finger but my best friend/editor of That One Nail Blog, Jennifer, kept insisting that I post my "oops" too. So here you have it. It drove me bonkers for the couple days I wore this mani. And not to point out all of my imperfections but also, the orange on my pinky bled a bit. Ohhh well I guess, I'll admit your right Jenn ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment