Sunday, January 13, 2013

China Glaze Tranzitions Modify Me

Good morning ladies!! I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend, I know mine has been pretty awesome! Today, I have a polish from the China Glaze Tranzitions collection to show you.

Yesterday at Sally's, I picked up two Tranzitions polishes- one for me and one for Julie, my awesome nail mail buddy. I chose to use Modify Me, a periwinkle creme that shifts to an indigo blue once with a top coat. The formula was very thick and you could easy get away with one coat. I choose to use 2 because I had a small bare spot on a couple nails, and since I knew I wouldn't have a too coat over the entire polish. Once Modify Me had dried just a little bit, it was already showing ever little indent and imperfection in my nails. Also, it took a quite a while to dry, or maybe it just seemed that way because I didn't use my fast drying Seche top coat.

After my nails were totally dry, I used a dotting tool and my Seche Vite top coat to creat the dots. About 5-10 seconds after applying the top coat, that area of the top coat had turned to the indigo blue color.


Excuse my dry cuticles!! This winter weather is KILLING them!! If anyone wants to suggest what they use on their cuticles, I'd love to know!!




I really like the concept of the Tranzitions collection, but I was actually surprised at how much I actually disliked this polish. Mainly because for being so thick, streaky, and it showing pretty much every imperfection of my nails. Also, I hate not being able to wear a top coat over my entire nail. I wont be buying any more polishes from this collection, or recommending them to anyone! I'm perfectly okay with using two different bottles of polish to active the same look! Also, I would never send my nail mail buddy something that I don't even like! So it's back to Sally's to find something better!




So there you have it!! And I think this is actually my first negative review of a polish so far on That One Nail Blog!! Have you tried any polishes from the Tranzitions collection?? If not, are you planning to? Let me know in the comments below and until next time, happy polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment